Tuesday 9 November 2010

'oy' sound stories


This week we have been investigating words with the 'oy' sound in them.
The short story below has words with this sound.
Try to write your own short story or sentences and include as many 'oy' sound words as you can.
Remember there is more than one way to make the 'oy' sound. Make sure you not only pay attention to spelling but also to the punctuation in your story.

TBs for those published.


Royston the Noisy Snake

Royston was, by all accounts, a very noisy snake. His friends would say, ‘The idea of being a snake is so you can hoist yourself up into a tree and silently coil yourself round a branch and then drop down on your prey without them even knowing you are there.’

Alas poor Royston couldn’t stay quiet for long enough to do this. One day his friends took him aside and explained he had choices to make. Either he was going to be the annoying, poisonous, noiseless, destroyer that he was meant to be or they would employ sterner measures to get him to conform. Needless to say sterner measures could not be avoided. Royston’s friends sent him on a voyage of discovery. His most loyal friend, Lloyd went with him and introduced him to the android on the hill, who, happened to have an ointment for noisiness.

A couple of applications later Royston was less noisy and actually started to enjoy slithering around, silently creeping and toiling up on his prey as a snake should do.

5 comments:

  1. Once upon a time there lived a sneaky employee. The employee's name was Sam Sneak and he worked in Tesco. Each morning Sam would get up, get dressed and go to work, but before Sam set off for work he had some choices to make. "What should I steal today?" Sam would say. Before Sam went to work at Tesco he was a burglar who destroyed anything in his path. On that morning Sam decided to steal some ointment to rub over his sore knee. So Sam walked to work as usual and as he walked through the door he tried his best to avoid the Security Guards. He then stole the ointment and carried on working. That night he rubbed the ointment on his sore knee. The next morning Sam decided to steal some moisturiser. So off he set for work. When he arrived at Tesco he walked over to the moisturiser isle. He was just about to lift the moisturiser when a Security Guard saw him. The Security Guard ran to try and get Sam but Sam ran too. Suddenly Sam stopped and fell. The ointment he had rubbed on his leg the night before was poisonous. Finally Sam was caught and served 10 years in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On saturday me and my family oyster beach and I found a real oyster under a toy near the water then loyd came and said I wondered where I would find that it was a loyal steriod from star wars the clone wars I said where did you get that toy its just out today loyd replied my dad is a star wars the clone wars toy maker I said awsome dude then we left oyster beach and fed royston my pet snake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you read my ay sound story you might of heard a question saying will I be having an operation or not........well I did but I came back yesterday..............yay......just me.Ill tell ya how my day was well I got red tinfoil..I met royalty.Ibought a poisunous snake....bad idea.I destroyed moisturiser with turquise.I maried an asteroid.....its not what you think.And finnaly I stole a convoy.Will I have another operation..your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. My mum pack my sandwiches in tin foil.

    2. The guide said,"Make sure to avoid the coiled up snake."

    3. My sister was very annoying when she destroyed my paper aeroplane.

    4. My mum said that if you point it is rude.

    5. When I was in the noisy club I was the noisiest in the club.

    6. When we where playing a board came I cheated and spoiled it.

    7. The hockey was enjoyable because we won.

    8.In turkey the sea is turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A long time ago lived the disloyal and poisonous Queen called Kelly Ranky.She was the noisiest of all the poisonous Queens.Kelly Ranky had a tin foil asteroid.She destroyed very enjojable and loyal planets like Reservice.But one day she had a disappointment because the other poisonous Queens changed to loyal Queens from that day the loyal Queens avoided her every time.One day she had a choice to make be loyal or be poisonous. She picked loyal because she knew the other Queens said that they were disappointed.

    ReplyDelete